Ancrum Old Parish Church
Things to do in Jedburgh Scottish Borders
Archaeological-Sites in Scotland
Description: Virtually no trace remains of the original church recorded in 1116 AD. The now ruined building which was built in the 18th century is outside the present village. Repaired in 1832, but abandoned about 1890, when the new church, within the village, was built.
Ownership: In Ancrum Graveyard
Situation – OS ref: NT 621248
How to get there:
By car: Off the B6400 road, to the right, to the west of the village of Ancrum, which lies just off the A68 south of St Boswells, close to Harestanes Visitor Centre.
By public transport: Regular buses from Melrose to Jedburgh pass the road end to Ancrum.
Web link: (where appropriate):
Places to stay nearby:
Local towns and villages: