Crosshall Cross, Eccles
Things to do in Duns Scottish Borders
Archaeological-Sites in Scotland
Description: Standing by the roadside, this cross was erected so that travellers would know that they were approaching the boundary of Eccles Nunnery, a Cistercian Nunnery. This priory was in existence from the late 1100's until 1609 when its property and lands were given to Sir George Hume.
On private land, but can be viewed from the roadside. There is no public access
Situation – OS ref: NT 760422
How to get there:
By car: On the minor road leading north out of the east end of Eccles village, off the B6461.
By public transport: Regular public transport between Eccles and Duns. Shortish walk along the minor road to Crosshall.
Seasonal opening details:
Web link: (where appropriate):
Places to stay nearby:
Local towns and villages: