Eccles Parish Churchyard
Things to do in Duns Scottish Borders
Archaeological-Sites in Scotland
Description: The mediaeval church dedicated to St Andrew was replaced by the present building in 1774.
The western boundary walls of the kirkyard include parts of the Convent Church of St Mary the Virgin, a Cistercian nunnery founded about 1150 by Cospatrick, Earl of Dunbar. The nunnery was abandoned in the early 17th century.
Church of Scotland
Situation – OS ref: NT 763413
How to get there:
By car: In the village of Eccles, which lies on the B6461, Kelso to Berwick upon Tweed road, some 6 miles from Kelso.
By public transport: Regular bus service from Kelso to Duns via Eccles.
Seasonal opening details:
Open all year.
Web link: (where appropriate):
Places to stay nearby:
Local towns and villages: