Preston Old Parish Church and Graveyard
Things to do in Duns Scottish Borders
Archaeological-Sites in Scotland
Description: The first Preston Church was built in the 12th century and belonged to the Bishopric of Dunkeld. Stones from this period with Norman carving were incorporated into the present church which was abandoned in 1718 when the parish was united with Bunkle. The churchyard continued in use and a number of family memorials are amongst the ruins.
Church of Scotland
Situation – OS ref: NT 786570
How to get there:
By car: Near the junction of the A6112 Duns to Grantshouse road and the B6355. Church and graveyard are just over Preston Bridge on the LHS.
By public transport: Regular bus services from Duns to Eyemouth via Preston and Reston.
Seasonal opening details:
Web link: (where appropriate):
Places to stay nearby:
Local towns and villages:
Preston Old Parish Church and Graveyard, Scotland